- Beginning Acting
- Intermediate Acting
- Advanced Acting for Singers
- Certificate of Acting, American Conservatory Theater
- MM, University of Southern California
- BM, San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Additional coursework, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
- Center Repertory Theater of Walnut Creek
- San Jose Repertory Theatre
- American Musical Theatre of San Jose
- Foothill Music Theatre
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- 25th Anniversary Broadway National Tour of Evita
What is your hometown?
La Jolla, CA
What are you passionate about outside of music?
Travel and food!
What is a favorite quote that you repeatedly tell students?
"Practice makes progress." Or Goethe: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
What question do you wish students would ask sooner rather than later?
“I don't quite understand. Can you please say that in a different way?”
What was the defining moment when you decided to pursue music as a career?
Discovering the pure joy of singing at the age of 18.
What was a turning point in your career?
Performing a Sondheim show at Studio ACT where I understood the storytelling power in musicals, requiring both good singing and good acting.
If you weren't a musician or teacher, what do you think you would be doing now?
A tour through great archaeological sites world-wide.
What is your daily practice routine?
I sing 30 minutes a day to keep my voice in shape.
If you could play only three composers for the rest of your life, who would they be?
Mozart, Gershwin, and Sondheim.
What is your unrealized project?
Acting in or directing the major Sondheim shows that I haven't yet done!