"a genuine artist who has boundless imagination" —Dame Camilla Wicks
- Private Lessons
- Chamber Music: Strings and Piano
- Chamber Music Performance
- Bridge Chamber Virtuosi
- San Francisco Symphony, 2000-2002
- New China Trio, 1996-2000
SELECT AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Gold Medal, Yellow Springs International Chamber Music Competition, 1996
- First violin, San Francisco Symphony
- Fulbright Senior Specialist
- Artist Certificate, San Francisco Conservatory of Music
What is your hometown?
What are you passionate about outside of music?
What question do you wish students would ask sooner rather than later?
"How can I practice better?"
What was the defining moment when you decided to pursue music as a career?
When I realized it was my own choice, not my parents'.
What was a turning point in your career?
When I found my passion in teaching.
If you weren't a musician or teacher, what do you think you would be doing now?
Entrepreneur of culturally related business.
What is your daily practice routine?
Start with excercises and scales.
What are your most important collaborations?
My colleagues at SFCM and the SF Symphony; Robert Mann of the Juilliard String Quartet; My mentor, Mark Sokol
What recordings can we hear you on?
Bridge Chamber Virtuosi, Con Brio
What is your unrealized project?
My own photography exhibition.