You’ll be great. Trust us.
We’re all ears. Before we became players, singers, conductors, and composers, listening was our first love. And it’s still the skill that underlies everything we do at SFCM. Hearing who you are and how far you’ve come is the first step toward a beautiful musical partnership. We can’t wait to hear you.
Audition Requirements: Guitar
Live auditions at the Conservatory are required of the following guitar applicants:
- Anyone residing in California
Regional auditions are available for the following guitar applicants:
- Applicants residing outside of California
Recorded auditions are accepted from the following guitar applicants:
- Undergraduate applicants residing outside of California
- Graduate applicants residing outside the United States
Applicants invited to audition should prepare:
- A transcription of a work written before 1750
- A classical or romantic work (including the Segovia repertoire) written for guitar
- A 20th-century work written for guitar
Audition Dates at SFCM
- January 21, 2018