- Approaches to College Writing
- Personal History and Memoir
- Creative Writing: Prose
- Creative Writing: Poetry
- Literature of the American West
- American Poetry and Social Justice
- Immigrant Narratives and American Dreams
- Wallace Stegner Fellow, Stanford University
- MFA, University of Houston
- BA, Binghamton University
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Wallace Stegner Fellowship
- Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry
- Finalist, Forward Prize for Best First Collection
What is your hometown?
Who were your major teachers?
Eavan Boland, Mark Doty, and Tony Hoagland.
Matthew Siegel is the author of Blood Work, which received the Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry and was a finalist for the Felix Dennis Prize for Best First Collection from the Forward Arts Foundation in the United Kingdom. Siegel’s poems and essays have appeared in the Academy of American Poets Poem-a-Day, Cincinnati Review, The Guardian, PBS NewsHour, Pleiades, the San Francisco Chronicle, Tin House, and elsewhere. A former Wallace Stegner fellow at Stanford University, Siegel received an MFA from the University of Houston.