- Private Lessons
- Music Theory Review
- MM, San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Film Scoring Certificate, University of California, Los Angeles
- BA, University of Chicago
- San Francisco Symphony, Extra
- Curious Flights
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Highsmith Award, San Francisco Conservatory of Music, 2011
- Sundance Composers Lab Fellow, 2008
What is your hometown?
What are you passionate about outside of music?
Art and design, coding.
Who were your major teachers?
Mortimer Scheff (Piano) and Elinor Armer (Composition).
What was a turning point in your career?
Assuming the Executive Director role at the Ross McKee Foundation.
If you weren't a musician or teacher, what do you think you would be doing now?
If you could play only three composers for the rest of your life, who would they be?
Bach, Brahms, and Bartók.
From a music history perspective, what year and city are most important to you?
What are your most important collaborations?
Robin Sutherland and Carlos Ortega; Jonathan Vinocour; ZOFO
What is your unrealized project?
A second opera.