- Private Lessons
- Composer at the Keyboard
- MM, Composition, University of Michigan
- BM, Guitar and Music Theory, New England Conservatory
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Square Enix Award for Special Achievement, 2012
- Game Audio Network Guild Lifetime Achievement Award, 2012
- Game Audio Network Guild Music of the Year, 2003
- BAFTA, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 2009
What is your hometown?
San Rafael, CA
What are you passionate about outside of music?
Performing Arts, travel, hiking, and cycling.
Who were your major teachers?
John Heiss, Robert Didomenica, and Leslie Bassett.
What was the defining moment when you decided to pursue music as a career?
In 1982 at Northwestern University while in the Liberal Arts program, deciding to return to Boston and taking up classical guitar.
What was a turning point in your career?
My first job at LucasArts Entertainment Company writing music and designing sound for video games.
If you weren't a musician or teacher, what do you think you would be doing now?
Stock investor, business.
From a music history perspective, what year and city are most important to you?
1792, Beethoven's arrival in Vienna.
What recordings can we hear you on?
Sony Computer Entertainment soundtracks: Uncharted: Golden Abyss; Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Blizzard soundtrack: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor