Organist/Keyboardist - Lakeshore Avenue Baptist Church (apply by 11/20/2022)
Lakeshore Avenue Baptist Church is a diverse and community committed congregation in Oakland. They are looking for an organist who can contribute to the beauty of worship through their magnificent Casavant pipe organ. The ability to support the program of music via the piano or other keyboard instruments is a plus. Ideal start date 11/6/2022.
- Skilled organist. Strong ability as accompanist on other keyboards.
- Sunday worship, occasional memorial service and weddings.
Call or email Pastor Jim Hopkins.
Teaching Assistant - Yi-Fang Wu's Studio (ends 1/27/23)
I am a piano faculty at SFCM pre-college division and looking for a piano major student to practice with my students (SFCM and non SFCM prep students). Some of them might need one or two sessions between my lessons, and the tutor will need to help them make a recording at the end of the session and send it to me to review. My students are age from 4-16, from beginners to advanced level. I will discuss about students' progress, goals, how to practice with students to build stronger techniques and understanding of music, so that the assistant will be on the same page with me. I am excited to find someone who are passionate and patient when working with young artists. The practice could be in person or virtual, some of my students might be able to meet at SFCM. Ideal start date 11/28/22.
- Piano major students
- Teaching experience is not required.
- Practice with the students age from 4-16.
- Report about the students' progress to Yi-Fang every week.
- Help students to record the passage at the end of each practice session.
- Working hours is flexible, students might need more practice sessions before exam or competition.
Please send a bio and a resume to my email: email@example.com.