Rehearsal Pianist - Pacifica Seaside Singers (ends 5/25)
Hone skills required to accompany singing groups.
Piano skills. Sight-reading a plus.
Attend rehearsals Thursday evenings, 7:30 - 9. Mildred Owen Concert Hall, Linda Mar Blvd., Pacifica, CA.
Apply to director, Judy Heldberg, 650-359-6874, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organist/Pianist - Walnut Creek United Methodist Church (ends 5/15)
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church has a part time position for an organist/pianist for a 400 member open and welcoming church. Swain & Kates 2 M&P, 13 rank pipe organ, 30 voice choir. It is approximately a 10 hour a week position.
Prior church experience preferred. Bachelor degree.
- Provides all necessary music for worship such as preludes, offertory, postludes and accompaniment for hymns, anthems, and congregational responses.
- Accompanies the Sanctuary choir at weekday rehearsals and in Sunday worship.
- Meets with the Director of Music Ministry and Pastor as needed to plan and coordinate when special service and programs require the participation of the organist /pianist.
- Advises the Director of Music Ministry of any issues regarding the care and maintenance of the pipe organ and sanctuary piano.
$12,000-$15,000 per year.
SEND RESUMES TO
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church
1543 Sunnyvale Avenue
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Carol Morris, Director of Music and Arts Ministry
Modesto Christian Reformed Church - Director of Music and Worship
Modesto Christian Reformed Church is seeking a full-time Director of Music and Worship. Modesto CRC has been blessed with a love for music and broad musical talent. This and our commitment to Reformed theology make up important elements of our worship services. The general responsibilities would be to oversee the incorporation of music in traditional as well as contemporary styles. The Director of Music and Worship will have training and experience in worship planning and have solid music skills. He or she will have the ability to direct, produce, and arrange music as needed.
This full-time position entails your reporting to and working with the Pastor in creating a meaningful worship service on a weekly basis. You will be the head organist and will be responsible for leading the adult and youth choirs, praise team, hand bells, and more. The Schlicker pipe organ and the piano are used during the worship services on a regular basis.
Our Mission: To worship joyfully and to glorify God; we also desire to equip, nurture, and care for our fellow believers and earnestly share Jesus Christ with others, enfolding them into His church.
Purpose: Lead and equip the congregation by means of the music ministries and work with the pastor to plan inspiring worship which glorifies God.
- Possesses spiritual maturity with a strong sense of calling to the area of music and worship
- Works well alongside pastors, staff, congregation, and volunteers
- Possesses strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Understands and appreciates Reformed worship and the distinction between performance and worship
- Pays special attention to unifying musical styles, primarily, traditional and contemporary
- Is organized
- Is enthusiastic, innovative, and open to new ideas and direction
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field
- Ability to engage the congregation in worship using a wide range of Christian music genres
- Strong choral conducting skills
- Proven ability to recruit and train a team of volunteers
- Commitment to excellence in keyboard instruments and/or voice and overall musicianship
- Experience and expertise playing the organ
- Desired Qualifications
- Masters degree in music or related field
- Experience with a handbell ensemble
- Experience with music software (Finale is a plus)
- Willingness to cultivate connections in the local music community
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in a musical leadership role in a church or worship setting
- Experience and expertise playing the pipe organ
- Create and administer an active cohesive music ministry
- Direct or oversee MCRC’s music ensembles including but not limited to:
- Adult Choir – approximately 30 voices
- Handbell Ensemble – 3 octaves
- Children’s Choir – approximately 20 voices
- Praise Team (guitar, bass, piano, drums, song leaders)
- Small orchestra – approximately 12 members
- Serve as head organist
- Communicate and work with pastor, staff, council, congregation, and the community regarding upcoming events involving the MCRC music program
- Oversee the regular maintenance and care for the pipe organ, piano, handbells, and other instruments
- Develop programs to reach out to the community through music
- Actively recruit, train, and retain volunteers from the congregation for lay ministry in music and worship
- Supervise substitute organists, choir accompanists, and other instrumentalists responsible for various aspects of the music and worship program
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff to plan and develop worship services with special attention paid to theme, flow, and the Reformed character of the congregation
Compensation package includes salary and benefits.
Click here for more information and application information.