The San Francisco Conservatory of Music Library extends borrowing privileges to Conservatory students, faculty and staff members who are currently enrolled in courses or are employed by the Conservatory.
To borrow library materials, locate the item in our online catalog, click the “Place Hold” button (under “Check Availability”), and fill out your information. After receiving an email notification that the item is ready, please schedule an appointment for pick-up. Pick-ups are only available with an appointment. Requests may take up to 2 days. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the Alumni Page for more information regarding Alumni borrowing privileges.
- Books and scores:
- Faculty and staff: 6 months for books and scores
- Students: 6 week loans
- Alumni: 2 week loans
- Audio-visual materials:
- Faculty and staff: 2 weeks
- Students and alumni: 1 week
- Reserve materials (all formats):
- Faculty: 6 hours
- All other borrowers: 2 hours
If an item you wish to borrow is checked out by another patron, you may place a hold on that item at the library desk. The original borrower is allowed a three-week check out, after which the item will be recalled for your use.
After three weeks, all materials are subject to recall. If an item is recalled, it will be assigned a new due date with charges accruing as of that date.
The SFCM library temporarily suspended all overdue fines accrued between March 1, 2020 and October 15, 2020. If you are unable to renew items online, or have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Learn more about renewing items.
- Scores and books: $0.20/day; up to $10 maximum fine.
- Audio-visual materials: $1/day; $10 maximum fine.
- Reserves: $1/hour; no maximum.
After a third overdue notice is issued, all borrowers are billed as follows:
- A processing fee of $15 plus the replacement cost of the item.
- If the item is returned, the fine is reduced to the $10 maximum fine.
- Please note that the cost of out of print items is generally $50 or more.
- Books/scores: may be renewed for an additional loan period (i.e. 6 weeks for students).
- A/V material: may be renewed for an additional 1 week, unless recalled.
- How to Renew ›