Click on your instrument to find teaching opportunities.
Solfege/Ear Training Tutor - Louis Busta (ends 3/30)
Looking for tutor to instruct me in solfege and ear training to improve sight-singing skills
Knowledge of solfege (fixed or moveable) and ear training
Teach solfege and ear training
$80 per hour
E-mail me at email@example.com, or text me at (650) 888-1782
Tunelark Instructor - Tunelark (ends 4/14)
Hi there! A little about Tunelark: We offer music lessons in people's homes and via video chat. Our instructors primarily offer traditional music lessons, but they also are trained to use Tunelark as needed to help students develop skills like note reading in between lessons. You can learn more about Tunelark on our website. We are accepting applications from prospective instructors on a rolling basis.
- Excellence in the instrument(s) you want to teach
- Ideally some experience teaching that instrument
- Communicate in a timely way with Tunelark staff.
- Show up on time to lessons.
- Charge students for lessons through the Tunelark website.
- Play through some of the curriculum on Tunelark to familiarize yourself with it. This should take an hour tops.
- Assign educational games to students as needed to help them learn skills in between lessons.
- Respond within 24 hours to emails from students to provide quick answers to their questions or to tell them that you’ll make a note to answer their questions more fully during the next lesson.
Instructors are hired as 1099 contractors. As an instructor, you would earn 80% of the lesson fee (keep in mind that you’ll need to pay payroll and income taxes). For in-home lessons, lesson fees are $54 for 30 minutes, $69 for 45 minutes, and $79 for an hour. Instructor travel time is included in those rates. For video chat lessons, the fee is $1 per minute. So, for example, an hour in-home lesson results in $79 * .8 = $63.20 being paid out to the instructor. One important note: a student’s first lesson is free. That said, Tunelark pays the instructor half of what they otherwise would have earned had the lesson not been the student’s first lesson. In the above example, if the hour-long lesson had been the student’s first lesson, the instructor would have earned $63.20 / 2 = $31.60.
Please fill out this brief application if you are interested in becoming a Tunelark instructor: http://bit.ly/2MddiqF
Teacher for Classical Piano Lessons (ends 1/20)
Hi my name is Mark and I have a long musical background but would like to find a teacher who could help me with classical technique on the piano. I have been learning a few Bach pieces over the last few months and a great teacher would really help me perfect them and move forward with the piano.
The ability to play some of Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier pieces.
Lessons every 1 or 2 weeks for 1 hour.
$40 an hour
You can send me an email if you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org
Piano Educator - Myriad Music School and Dance Academy (ends 2/9)
Piano Instructor Position Available NOW- Myriad Music School
FOR UNIVERSITY / CONSERVATORY PIANISTS, UNDERGRADS, GRADS, ALUMNI! IF YOU SEE THIS POST, A NEW JOB IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE, with paid training & employment beginning this Spring & Summer, continuing into the following School Year, once we find that perfect fit. We have many University / Conservatory Students, Grads and Alumni currently on staff here at Myriad Music School and Dance Academy on the Peninsula. It's a great fit for developing an intelligent aspect of your professional life, while supporting your music careers in the Bay Area. After all, when you teach, you are grooming your future audiences.
INTERVIEW NOW - SECURE YOUR FUTURE TEACHING HOURS! Current need is for 1-3 afternoons/ evenings per week. You choose depending on your availability. This teaching position can also turn into a more lucrative position for the teacher who wants to add more skills to their pedagogy talents, and be trained in other curriculum.
SMART PIANISTS / CREATIVE PIANO EDUCATORS ~ THIS IS FOR YOU!
7 reasons why you could be the right person to work at Myriad!
1. Are you excited about learning NEW pedagogy concepts, and learning more about what makes students of all ages tick? Then this is your next place of employment!
2. Are you excited about working for Owners & Directors who host Professional Development Clinics for our Teachers year-round? We are always looking to improve the knowledge and breadth of our teaching team.
3. Do you want to receive paid side-by-side training on unique savvy aspects of our curriculum? You won't find another school that cares about training and curriculum as much as Myriad. You'll enter your new classrooms fired up with new tools. Plain and simple - we don't do it any other way.
4. Are you looking for a teaching position that allows you to do what you do best - JUST TEACH! Our fully-staffed office, Directors, and Department Leaders are here to take care of all your needs.
5. Teaching by yourself, without professional stimulation, marketing tools or support can be lonely and stagnant. This is a dynamic team of 33+ educators. Our staff room is a place of support, an on-going exchange of ideas, and friendships.
6. More employment opportunities abound with Myriad. We have additional curriculum and job opportunities to offer music teachers who want to develop further Orff, Kodaly, and Classroom music skill sets. This teaching position could be more than just private music lessons for our best teachers.
7. One of our teachers recently stated that he was so happy to be part of Myriad's Team, because he had heard from his music teacher colleagues that Myriad has a reputation in the Bay Area of being the one music school that "does it right!"
8. We are pleased to offer our employees Sick Pay Benefits and 401K plans. All of our teachers & Arts Administrators are employees, not Independent Contractors. Therefore, we are in a position to offer these benefits. We take good care of our team.
9. At Myriad, we see teaching and performing as mutually beneficial careers, income pillars that compliment and support each other. All of the teachers at our school are performing AND teaching artists. They are working on their performance careers alongside their pedagogy jobs, just like your mentors. Our teachers achieve a working balance between Performance careers and Pedagogy careers. This is the reason why most of our teachers have been with us between 5-12 years and counting.
A PEDAGOGY ENTHUSIAST with a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Music (or near completion)
MM Degree level of education and Alumni are preferred.
We'll teach you the rest – superlative Music Teacher training and Classroom Leadership Skills are offered at Myriad.
Teach piano lessons to all ages of students in a fully stocked classroom with a fully staffed office to support you!
1. Exceptional Instruction to Myriad Students
2. Positive MMS Performance-Prep and Performance Participation
3. Timely, Effective Communication with Arts Administrators & Directors
4. Thorough Working Familiarity with Job Position Plan Responsibilities & Values
Beginning at $44 per hour, DOE, trainability in our curriculum, and education. We do pay the highest rate in the industry structure of a Music School industry in the San Francisco Bay Area
APPLY HERE & Learn more about the Career opportunities at Myriad: https://www.myriadmusic.net/careers/
Attach your resume and cover letter. Your resume should be in a PDF form attached to the email.
INCLUDE in your response
• 3 References
• Your favorite book & movie – we are looking for applicants who read for detail
• We are on a lookout for a warm, enthusiastic cover letter too. This job involves savvy people skills. There are real people reading your cover letter. Thank you for your interest.
Piano Teacher (ends 4/5)
I am looking for a piano teacher for my son who is soon to be 8, and a little later in the year for our daughter who is turning 4. Our son has been playing for 2 years now and our daughter is very very keen to start. We need an excellent piano teacher who can guide children from the early stages of their piano education and continue with them to develop their skill.
Serious, but with an approach to children, can teach on the weekend or in the evening, preferably organize an annual recital.
Can teach a weekly lesson.
Flexible depending on experience.
Please email email@example.com so we can schedule a time for a phone interview. Thanks!
Violin Teaching Artist - Music Mission San Francisco (ends 1/23)
Now in its 4th year of operation, Music Mission San Francisco is an el Sistema-inspired music education program that provides after-school classes free of charge to under-privileged children at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts in San Francisco's Mission District.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience teaching students of different cultural and economic backgrounds. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Successfully pass a background check.
The teaching artist will be responsible for groups instruction to approximately 14 violin students ages 8-12.
Program meets 4pm-6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. Compensation is $50 per hour.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Violin Teacher - Harmony Project Bay Area (ends 3/31)
Violin instructor needed Mondays 3:15 - 5:30pm, Wednesdays from 2 to 5:10 PM, and Saturdays from 9:50am till 12:15. Join our excellent, collaborative faculty for group teaching at our El Sistema inspired program. We have some flexibility with the exact hours and start date. Location is near Daly City BART station.
Here is a 2 minute video overview of the program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqY9_aE-v2Y
Our website http://harmonyprojectsf.org/ has more information.
Suzuki certification or significant teaching experience preferred.
Teach students from grades 3 - 8 in semi-private and group settings.
Pay is up to $60/hour depending on experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Check back soon!
Guitar Tutor - Individual in Fremont CA (ends 4/14)
Bachelor or Master’s degree in guitar performance
50-80 per hour, negotiable
Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
Marimba Teacher - Adult Beginner (ends 2/1)
I'm interested in taking up the marimba. My only previous musical experience was the clarinet in school band! I'm hoping to find a friendly student who can introduce me to the instrument, and if I keep going, continue teaching, and help me find a rental or an instrument of my own. I would like two to four lessons a month, depending on your and my schedules. (I'm a working mom with a young son.)
Able to play and willing to teach! Also, I live in the East Bay (Berkeley) so living nearby would be a big advantage.
Being patient, flexible, and not too flaky.
Whatever the going rate is for student teachers (so, negotiable).
Please send an email with your contact info to email@example.com