- Performance Calendar
- Live Stream
RJAM Side-by-Side Concert
What's cool about this evening of jazz:
- Side-by-side concerts pair students with members of the SFJAZZ Collective to give these young proteges exceptional performance experience
- New music created by students specifically for this performance
- Tonight's performance will be led by faculty member Edward Simon.
- Innovative arrangements of the standards
- Sneak Peek: RJAM Side-by-Side from March 2020.
Lola Miller-Henline ‘23, vocalist, composer
Reece Cogswell ‘24, drums
Julian Esparza ‘22, bass
arr. Reece Cogswell
Third Stone from the Sun
Monkey See, Monkey Do
I Want to See the World When I Stop Breathing
About RJAM and this performance:
The Roots, Jazz, and American Music program at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music presents original compositions and arrangements by freshmen all the way to seniors alongside their faculty members. Past side-by-side performances have included world-renowned jazz greats such as Carmen Bradford, Matt Wilson, Julian Lage, Chad-Lefkowitz-Brown, as well as SFJAZZ Collective members David Sanchez, Warren Wolf, or Edward Simon.
This performance is the culmination of a multiple-day residency, with students working side-by-side with faculty to conceive, workshop, and rehearse their original material and arrangements of jazz standards. The individual pieces will be announced from stage.