Guitar Undergraduate Students can find more information by contacting the Professional Development and Engagement Center.
Life isn’t an audition.
Any music school can make you a better player. Our interconnected courses are built to transform you intellectually, artistically, professionally, and individually. You’ll understand the roots of your music, freeing you to take it somewhere new. You’ll see how your training broadens your options, rather than narrowing them. You'll find your voice. And you'll enter the world with the same confidence you bring to the stage.
Curriculum: Bachelor of Music in Guitar
Credit Total: 127
|Humanities & Sciences||30|
|Musicianship & Music Theory||40|
|Music History & Literature||6|
|Applied Practical Information||4|
|Winter Term||3 Years|
|Digital Portfolio||4 Years|
|Juries & Recitals||N/A|
Historical Performance Emphasis for Plucked Strings
- ENS 210 Conservatory Baroque Ensemble (2 semesters, 4 credits)
- ENS 212 Continuo Playing or ENS 305 Basso Continuo for
- Guitarists (1 semester, 2 credits). Not required if student can demonstrate prior experience.
- MHL 400 Introduction to Performance Practice (1 semester, 3 credits)
- PRF 348 Historical Plucked Strings (2 semesters, 4 credits)
- HPE Jury: Jury requirements as determined by HPE faculty (HPE jury is in addition to major instrument jury)