Sun-Law Villaume Fellowship - Violinists (ends 2/28)
“Our wish is for the ‘Sun’ Vuillaume to be shared by talented musicians who bring diverse communities together.” Eric Sun & Karen Law
The Fellowship loans the full use of the ‘Sun’ Vuillaume for two years to a violinist who will use it to help build and strengthen communities
Applicants will be judged not only on their performance level but also on their community-building proposal.
Week one of the residency will focus on the development of specific outreach programs as well as oral presentation skills for addressing audiences from the stage. Three specific outreach programs will be developed: for children’s concerts, for seniors at retirement home recitals and for informal performances in unconventional venues such as restaurants, Farmers Markets or local bars. The presentation skills coaching will be overseen by Michael Adams, MITV Artistic Director. The outreach programs will be performed during the second and third weeks of the residency at venues around the Napa Valley.
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive).
Applicants can be from any country.
Terms and Responsibilities:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Applications open on 26 December 2017 and will close on 28 February 2018
- Applicants can be from any country
- The recipient of the Fellowship must sign a loan agreement before receiving the violin
- The recipient of the Fellowship must commence their community-building proposal during 2018. Tarisio reserves the right to retract the loan if the project’s commencement be delayed after this deadline.
- Tarisio must be informed if any details of the project change from those stated in application. Tarisio reserves the right to take away the loan should the changes be deemed to impact negatively on the initial proposed project
- The recipient of the Fellowship agrees to assume full responsibility for the preservation, care, protection and security of the instrument. (The recipient will not need to pay for insurance for the violin, it will be loaned with full insurance coverage.)
- The recipient must have the instrument inspected by Tarisio every 4 months
- The recipient agrees to pay for any costs of repair, maintenance or transport for the violin which may arise during the term of the Fellowship
- The recipient will be expected to report on the progress of the community-building project; to promote the Tarisio Trust: Eric Sun-Karen Law Vuillaume Fellowship; and to be available for press activities, interviews, receptions and any other event in association with the program.
- The Tarisio Trust: Eric Sun-Karen Law Vuillaume Fellowship must be acknowledged on all project promotional and supplementary material.
- The outcome of Tarisio’s decision is final. There are no means to appeal and Tarisio will not enter into any further discussion or correspondence, or give reasons for its decisions.
- Tarisio reserves the right not to award the loan of the violin should it deem the applications unsuitable for any reason.
Click here to apply.
Beginning Level Cello Teacher/Instructor - Oakland/East Bay
I am looking for a cello student to teach me beginning level individual cello lessons.
Intermediate or Advanced level cello student or teacher.
Provide a place in Oakland or the East Bay for lessons. Teach beginning cello lessons including reading music, positioning, scales, beginning level classical playing. It must be on Saturday or Sunday afternoons, 2-3 times per month to start.
Payment negotiable depending on experience
If qualified and interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (415) 575-5691 (no texts please).