Development Assistant - Oakland Symphony
The Development Assistant serves as the administrative backbone for the Fundraising Team. S/he contributes to the fundraising elements of the Symphony’s Salesforce database, coordinates the acknowledgement process, manages volunteers, assists in special events and attends all concerts and special events as a team representative. S/he collaborates with the Symphony team to create amazing patron experiences!
Qualified candidates for this position will be highly detail oriented and organized, friendly, have a positive outlook, a willingness to jump in to make things happen, and the ability to learn quickly. One to three years of administrative support experience preferred. Strong computer skills are required, with knowledge of donor CRM systems a plus. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and the Google Suite required. A perfect fit for this position will be an organized, efficient, proactive problem solver and team player. This position requires occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Enter all donations and pledges into the database
Review reports to ensure information is entered consistently and accurately
Meet with accounting each week to reconcile data entry
Enter projections, and contact activity for major donors and prospects
Update records, contact information, event registrations, and other information
Support the Database Manager by fulfilling basic development needs for reports and contact lists for direct mail, email, and program books
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Lori Davis, Interim Development Director.
Usher - SFJazz (ends 3/1)
The Usher works closely with members of the public and volunteer groups, and with all departments within the SFJAZZ organization. Candidate serves as Ushers for shows both on site and events off site to support services for donor events, rentals, and special performances and events. Ushers are responsible for the cleanliness & maintenance of the auditoriums, restrooms and lobby areas, as well as all back-of-house areas. Ushers will also take tickets and direct guests to their auditoriums and seats.
The work schedule requires regular availability on evenings and weekends, with varied needs for daytime availability to support Rental Events. The SFJAZZ season generally operates on a performance schedule of Thursday-Sunday, generally September through early August. Physical requirements include ability to safely navigate stairs, extended periods of time standing, work in dark environments and lift up to 35 pounds.
• 1 – 2 years job related experience
• Excellent verbal, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to carry out directions as well as to take initiative in solving problems.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Availability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet patrons and visitors, collect tickets, seat patrons, check coats and bags, monitor entryways to buildings, and maintain an exceptionally high level of customer service during events, including (but not limited to) performances, receptions, lectures, screenings, and gallery exhibitions.
• Maintain working knowledge of ADA requirements, crowd control practices, crisis intervention, emergency procedures, and first aid.
• Provide information to guests about SF Jazz programs and events.
• Assist with event setup, including furniture placement.
• Establish and maintain professional, friendly, productive, and cooperative relationships with patrons, volunteer ushers, visitors, staff, and clients.
• Work collaboratively and professionally within the Operations Box Office team and within the organization at large.
• Any other duties as assigned.
To be considered, please send us: your resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Usher” in the subject line.