Sound Design, Intern/Co-op - Facebook - Menlo Park, CA (ends 7/24)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for sound design interns to join our existing team of sound designers at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product groups, so strong communication skills are required.
- Prior sound design, sound/audio engineering, recording, game audio and/or music production experience
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates sound design experience
- Proficiency in Pro Tools and related audio software
- Design, development and release of audio content on mobile platforms
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Link to portfolio or demo reel
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Graduation dates of Fall 2018 or anytime in 2019, 2020, or 2021
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Design custom sound for various products and initiatives
- Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound
- Assist in driving projects to completion
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment and collaborate with teams in other offices
Paid - TBD
Please apply here: https://www.facebook.com/careers/resume?req=a0I1H00000LJyDaUAL
Solfege Tutor - Bay Area (ends 7/25)
Private students seeking someone to teach solfege and ear training.
Knowledge of the subject and willingness to teach.
Teaching solfege and ear training.
$80 an hour
Email email@example.com or call/text (650)-888-1782
Administrative Coordinator - Voices of Music (ends 8/15)
Voices of Music (VOM) seeks a motivated, talented Administrative Coordinator. The ideal candidate will possess excellent administrative, project management and communications skills, initiative, flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, attention to detail, a passion for creative marketing and a good sense of humor. Our organization is growing rapidly, and so is this position, and we are therefore open to a diverse array of strengths. This position is flexible in many ways, so we are interested in what you have to bring to the table, and in what areas you would like to grow with us.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Most work will be from our home office in El Cerrito, CA, conveniently located close to public transportation. Some work from home is possible. Performance and program locations are throughout the Bay Area. Applicant will need to have access to a car for performances and special events.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Passionate about music and the arts
• College degree in business, music, or arts administration, or relevant work experience
• Innovative, entrepreneurial and thoughtful spirit with openness to working with a team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with deadlines
• Ability to create, maintain and document schedules, calendars, policies, procedures and systems
• Creative problem solver with strong interpersonal skills
• Comfortable offering and receiving constructive criticism
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and enthusiasm for picking up new technology skills
Preferred, not required:
• Familiarity with grant research and writing
• Previous experience with database and donor management
• Additional computer skills: Adobe Suite, Microsoft Excel a plus
• Budget experience
• Ability to read music
• Coordinate and manage the production of print materials including mailings, brochures, postcards, and performance programs
• Manage our box office
• Return phone calls and emails regarding concert information and ticket purchases
• Oversee media sales and inventory
Gift Processing and Database Management:
• Maintain our database in our donor management system Little Green Light
• Manage donor acknowledgement letters and gifts
• Work with the Treasurer, Artistic Directors, and Bookkeeper to manage the budget, track donations and cash flow.
• Collaborate with our professional and volunteer grant writers and VOM Artistic Directors to identify prospective grantors, write draft proposals, and generate follow-up reports
• List all concert activities online
• Contact press and radio with relevant information about concerts, news and events.
• Compile press release documents and maintain a press list with updated information
Performances and Special Events:
• Coordinate and manage timelines for the concert season and special events. These events include performances, donor recognition and fundraising.
• Coordinate travel and housing for out of town musicians
• Manage the box office at our concerts
• Collaborate with VOM Artistic Directors and Board Chair with administrative tasks connected to our programs, such as setting up rental space for performances and rehearsals
This job will start out as a part time position (15-20 hours/week), with periods of full time leading up to concert production weeks. There is potential for this position to grow. Compensation is $20/hr, depending on experience, and may be higher with tremendous potential to grow in hours and pay with time. Expected hours will generally be weekday daytimes, with the exception of production weeks, and are generally quite flexible.
Application materials should include a resume, a cover letter, and contact information for two professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Season Representative - SF Symphony (ends 8/16)
Promote and sell the upcoming classical music season to current patrons of the symphony
Love music and be able to convey that to others.
Work 4 shifts per week or 16 hours per week. Manage appointments and close sales.
Base plus commission plus bonus money. We go to concerts for free!
Please call 415-503-5567
Director of Worship and Music of Trinity Lutheran Church - Trinity Lutheran Church (ends 9/5)
Trinity Lutheran Church seeks a qualified person to provide musical leadership and creative vision to Trinity’s dynamic music and worship ministries.
Experience in both Choral Directing and organ/piano performance and accompaniment is desired, but not required.
Trinity Lutheran has a diverse and blended worship style that is rooted in Lutheran heritage and is based on Lutheran theology following the liturgical calendar. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with multiple choirs (all ages levels) and individuals of varying musical abilities, work with instrumentalist and have the ability to arrange music when needed, work with Pastor and Worship Arts Team in planning and implementation of worship services, provide services for funerals/weddings/other events in the life of the congregation, administration, provide musical leadership for Preschool chapel services and Vacation Bible School, and create opportunities for outreach to the community through concerts, events and classes.
Full-time or part-time position negotiable with compensation commiserate with applicant’s experience and skill set.
Interested applicants shall send a cover letter, resume and a list of three references with contact information to email@example.com Attn: Search Committee. Open until filled.