Information and Rates
SFCM Recording Services automatically records the following concerts:
- Any required student recitals
- SFCM ensembles, Faculty recitals, and Guest Artist Recitals
If your recital is required by your program, there is no need to fill out a recording request form, your recording will be scheduled automatically.
SFCM Recording Services will not automatically record any non-required recitals. If your recital is not required, please fill out our Recital Recording Request form. Please see the "Concert Recording Rates" section for information on fees for non-required video and audio recordings.
To book a Recording Session, please fill out the 'Book a Recording Session' form.
Recording session requests will NOT be considered unless this form is filled out and an SFCM email address is provided on the form.
The rates listed below are for SFCM Collegiate, Preparatory, and Faculty Only. The SFCM Recording Department provides digital files (mp4, mp3) at no additional cost.
Recording Session Rates
|EARLY REQUEST (More than 2 Weeks Notice)||$65.00||$110.00|
(Less than 1 Week Notice)
Concert Recording Rates
|NON-ARCHIVED EVENT AUDIO ONLY||NON-ARCHIVED EVENT
(More than 2 Weeks Notice)
|No Additional Fees||$65.00||$110.00|
|STANDARD REQUEST||No Additional Fees||$98.00||$165.00|
|LATE REQUEST(Less than 1 Week Notice)||No Additional Fees||$130.00||$220.00|
Recording Department Policy
- All recording request must be paid in full before the day of your session. Failure to make prompt payment may result in the cancellation of your reserved time slot.
- We understand that things happen, so please give 48 hours notice if you intend to cancel your recording session or performance. Recording sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will incur a $25 fee.
- The Recording Services Department has adopted the audition guidelines of the Conservatory. All material recorded for the purpose of pre-screening auditions and/or competitions should be unedited. Please don't request edits for material that will be submitted for auditions and/or competitions. We are pleased to offer editing services for your professional projects or demo recordings.
- Please review your recording immediately. All non-archived recordings (e.g. student recitals, recording sessions) will be removed from our storage drives after 30 days. At this point, any source material will be irretrievable. Please take this under consideration when ordering additional copies.
- SFCM Recording Services is no longer booking recording sessions in Osher Salon. Recording sessions are currently only available in the Recital Hall and Concert Hall in the Ann Getty Center.
- Expedited editing (within 24 hours of session) incurs an additional charge of $50. When requesting edits, please select no more than 10 takes for final editing/mastering. More than 10 takes may delay your order and incur an additional charge.