During these challenging times, SFCM has continued to provide students with a first-class education, consistently adapting with a creative, Bay Area spirit.
Learn how we are providing our students with safe instruction, health and tuition support, free testing, and continued performance opportunities.
We are now able to accommmodate guests for student recitals because of Covid-19 improvements in the Bay Area, including vaccines, and your help in following SFCM's safety protocols. As the situation changes, we'll adjust this policy to either allow for more or fewer guests.
- Only your teacher, direct family members and members of your household can attend your recital in the hall. This should be no more than a few people total.
- There will be specific seating areas designated for your recital guests.
- Guests must wear face masks at all times, and remain socially distanced, including in the hall.
- Guests must be in the Bay Area for at least 10 days prior to your recital date.
- Guests must be approved in advance.
- Please email Production@sfcm.edu at least a week in advance of your recital date with the names of any guests that you would like to have attend your recital.
- Here's the hard part: Guests cannot applaud at any time during the recital. Your recital will still be streamed live so that you can reach a larger audience, but any guests attending your recital in-person are doing so as your guests and not as an audience.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) has ordered revisions to the directive for Institutions of Higher Education
- In-person private lessons, with teacher and student in the same room, can resume again for masked musicians: strings, keyboards, percussion, harp, etc.
- In-person piano and chamber music coachings can also resume with faculty in the same room as students, provided they follow social distancing standards and maximum room capacities.
- Performance classes (for instruments that can mask) in large classrooms and performance halls can resume with faculty in the same space as students, provided the follow social distancing standards and maximum room capacities.
- Woodwind, brass and voice group rehearsals can take place, unmasked, again on the outdoor terrace.
- The health order has not changed yet for singers and wind players, but we will let you know if and when it does.