Get started on your studies!
Departments and Faculty
There are two audition format options. Applicants may select to audition live at SFCM (COVID-19 vaccination required) or submit a final audition self-recording in an audiovisual format and attend a virtual interview with members of the faculty. There will be no performance in the virtual interview.
There is no prescreening requirement for harpsichord applicants.
SFCM will not be accepting applications for Organ for Spring or Fall 2022.
- One J.S. Bach French suite or other dance suite of Bach or two preludes and fugues from The Well-Tempered Clavier
- One movement of a composer of the English Virginalist school or a work by a French baroque composer
- One Scarlatti sonata
- One work of the English Virginalist school or a toccata of Frescobaldi or Froberger
- One major work of J.S. Bach (e.g. an English Suite or Partita, Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, Italian Concerto, Overture in B Minor, or another large work)
- One suite by one of the following composers: L. Couperin, D'Anglebert, Froberger, F. Couperin, or Rameau
For audition dates, please visit Auditions.