Departments and Faculty
After submitting the application, applicants for the Harpsichord program will be required to select a virtual performance interview time and submit unedited audiovisual recordings fulfilling the repertoire listed below. Recordings will be due three weeks before the selected virtual performance interview time. There is no prescreening requirement for harpsichord applicants.
- One J.S. Bach French suite or other dance suite of Bach or two preludes and fugues from The Well-Tempered Clavier
- One movement of a composer of the English Virginalist school or a work by a French baroque composer
- One Scarlatti sonata
- One work of the English Virginalist school or a toccata of Frescobaldi or Froberger
- One major work of J.S. Bach (e.g. an English Suite or Partita, Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, Italian Concerto, Overture in B Minor, or another large work)
- One suite by one of the following composers: L. Couperin, D'Anglebert, Froberger, F. Couperin, or Rameau
Audition Requirements: Organ
SFCM will not be accepting applications for Organ for Spring or Fall 2021.
Virtual Performance Interview Dates