Departments and Faculty
- Corey Jamason, Historical Performance Chair; Baroque Ensemble Co-Director; Historical Performance Historical Keyboards
You'll be great. Trust us.
We're all ears. Before we became players, singers, conductors, and composers, listening was our first love. And it's still the skill that underlies everything we do at SFCM. Hearing who you are and how far you've come is the first step toward a beautiful musical partnership. We can't wait to hear you.
Live auditions at the Conservatory are required of the following applicants:
- Anyone residing in California
Regional auditions are available for the following applicants:
- Applicants residing outside of California
Final audition recordings are accepted from the following applicants:
- Undergraduate applicants residing outside of California
- Graduate applicants residing outside the United States
- Final recordings must be submitted online through the formal DecisionDesk Application, found here, no later than December 1.
Audition Requirements: Harpsichord
- J.S. Bach French suite or other dance suite of Bach or two preludes and fugues from The Well-Tempered Clavier
- One movement of a composer of the English Virginalist school or a work by a French baroque composer
- One Scarlatti sonata
- A work of the English Virginalist school or a toccata of Frescobaldi or Froberger
- A major work of J.S. Bach (e.g. an English Suite or Partita, Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, Italian Concerto, Overture in B Minor, or another large work)
- A suite by one of the following composers: L. Couperin, D'Anglebert, Froberger, F. Couperin, or Rameau
Harpsichord auditions are held at the Conservatory by appointment. Please email Corey Jamason at email@example.com for more information.
Audition Requirements: Organ
Students should be able to demonstrate a solid foundation in piano technique by playing the requirements for admission to the piano department. Students may also show organ proficiency by performing selected works from Bach’s Little Organ Book and Eight Short Preludes and Fugues or other standard organ repertoire.
- One Bach work from the mature master period
- A major French work
- A major American work
- An advanced work composed after 1960
Organ auditions will be held at SFCM by appointment. For more information, please email Rodney Gehrke at firstname.lastname@example.org.