Departments and Faculty
After submitting the application, applicants for the Collaborative Piano program will be required to select a virtual performance interview time and submit unedited audiovisual recordings fulfilling the repertoire listed below. Recordings will be due three weeks before the selected virtual performance interview time. There is no prescreening requirement for collaborative piano applicants.
Applicants will be able to indicate any concerns regarding creating a recording of the repertoire with a singer in person due to COVID-19 limits when selecting their virtual performance interview time.
Repertoire for Master of Music and Professional Studies Diploma
- A major solo work (refer to graduate piano requirements)
- One complete instrumental sonata chosen from the following:
- Beethoven: Violin Sonata No. 5 in F Major
- Brahms: Violin Sonata No. 2 in A Major
- Four vocal pieces chosen from the following:
- Strauss: Allerseelen
- Barber: The Monk and His Cat
- Brahms: Meine Liebe ist Grün
- Schubert: Ganymed
- Debussy: C’est l’extase
- Puccini: Mi chiamano Mimi
Virtual Performance Interview Dates