Get started on your studies!
Departments and Faculty
You'll be great. Trust us.
We're all ears. Before we became players, singers, conductors, and composers, listening was our first love. And it's still the skill that underlies everything we do at SFCM. Hearing who you are and how far you've come is the first step toward a beautiful musical partnership. We can't wait to hear you.
Audition Requirements: Collaborative Piano
Live auditions at the Conservatory are required of the following applicants:
- Anyone residing in California
Regional auditions are available for the following applicants:
- Applicants residing outside of California
Final audition recordings are accepted from the following applicants:
- Applicants residing outside the United States
Final recordings must be submitted online through the formal Application, found here, no later than December 1. All applicants auditioning through USA Schools of Music will have their audition recording uploaded automatically by SFCM.
Requirements for Master of Music and Professional Studies Diploma applicants are detailed below.
- A major solo work (refer to graduate piano requirements)
- One complete instrumental sonata chosen from the following:
- Beethoven: Violin Sonata No. 5 in F Major
- Brahms: Violin Sonata No. 2 in A Major
- Four vocal pieces chosen from the following:
- Strauss: Allerseelen
- Barber: The Monk and His Cat
- Brahms: Meine Liebe ist Grün
- Schubert: Ganymed
- Debussy: C’est l’extase
- Puccini: Mi chiamano Mimi
Applicants auditioning at a regional audition site must bring their own instrumentalist and vocalist. The Conservatory provides instrumentalists and vocalists for live auditions at SFCM. If a live audition applicant decides to provide their own, they must inform the Office of Admission at least one week before their audition.