Get started on your studies!
Departments and Faculty
If you have questions about your repertoire selections within these requirements, please first consult with your current private teacher or other mentor.
There is no prescreening requirement for collaborative piano applicants. For the final audition, applicants will be required to perform with the vocalist and violinist provided by SFCM.
Repertoire for Master of Music and Professional Studies Certificate
- Two complete major solo works. One must be composed by a woman and/or person from a historically underrepresented racial/ethnic group.
- One complete instrumental sonata chosen from the following:
- Beethoven: Violin Sonata No. 5 in F Major
- Brahms: Violin Sonata No. 2 in A Major
- Four vocal pieces chosen from the following:
- Strauss: Allerseelen
- Barber: The Monk and His Cat
- Brahms: Meine Liebe ist Grün
- Schubert: Ganymed
- Debussy: C’est l’extase
- Puccini: Mi chiamano Mimi
For audition dates, please visit Auditions.