- Music Since 1989
- Experimental Music Theater
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
Awards and Distinctions
- Gaudeamus 2005
- IRCAM 'Cursus' 2006-2008
- MATA Festival (2012)
- line upon line percussion (2015)
- Kim Anno, painter/filmmaker (2010-13)
- Tony Arnold, soprano (2016)
What is your hometown?
What are you passionate about outside of music?
Theatre, art, and cinema.
What question do you wish students would ask sooner rather than later?
"How is the work different when it's heard live?"
What was a turning point in your career?
68' at Pompidou Center, 2008 (Paris)
If you weren't a musician or teacher, what do you think you would be doing now?
Something having to do with theatre.
What is your daily practice routine?