You'll be great. Trust us.
We’re all ears. Before we became players, singers, conductors, and composers, listening was our first love. And it’s still the skill that underlies everything we do at SFCM. Hearing who you are and how far you’ve come is the first step toward a beautiful musical partnership. We can’t wait to hear you.
Audition Requirements: Roots, Jazz, and American Music
Acceptance into the RJAM program at SFCM requires pre-screening as well as a live audition. Finalists will be invited to audition at SFCM.
Applicants must submit a pre-screening recording with the repertoire listed below. We strongly recommend that the recording be audiovisual, but we will also accept audio-only recordings.
Below are the items you will need for your application:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A resume, including performance experience
- A personal statement describing your musical and career interests and objectives
- A recorded audition (audio or video) to be uploaded online. Each track time should not exceed six minutes, and the submission should not exceed 30 minutes. Submissions must include the following:
- 1. A medium-tempo blues
- 2. An up-tempo jazz standard
- 3. A Latin, rock, or funk tune
- 4. A ballad
You will be contacted if you are chosen as a finalist for the RJAM program.
Audition Dates at SFCM
- February 24, 2018
- March 3, 2018