Get started on your studies!
Departments and Faculty
You’ll be great. Trust us.
We’re all ears. Before we became players, singers, conductors, and composers, listening was our first love. And it’s still the skill that underlies everything we do at SFCM. Hearing who you are and how far you’ve come is the first step toward a beautiful musical partnership. We can’t wait to hear you.
Live auditions at the Conservatory are required of the following guitar applicants:
- Applicants residing in California
Regional and Final Recording auditions are available for the following guitar applicants:
- Applicants residing outside of California
Final recordings must be submitted online through the formal Application, found here, no later than December 1. All applicants auditioning through USA Schools of Music will have their audition recording uploaded automatically by SFCM.
Final Audition Requirements
- A transcription of a work written before 1750
- A classical or romantic work (including the Segovia repertoire) written for guitar
- A 20th-century work written for guitar
Audition Dates at SFCM