Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (ends 5/31)
A summary of all current volunteer opportunities can be found at:
Public Park or Community Garden Beautification:
Help us beautify green spaces in the Bayview, San Francisco, making them more safe, welcoming, and accessible for all. (Most Saturday mornings.)
Great Green Weekend (4/13 and 4/14):
A blitz-style beautification of 6 parks and gardens in the Bayview.
Building Blocks (5/3, 5/4, and 5/5):
A blitz-style home repair of multiple homes in the Bayview. Volunteers will help rebuild fences, paint, landscape, repair roofs, decks, flooring, etc.
San Carlos ReStore (Tuesdays through Sundays, half-day or full-day, 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.):
Help us procure funding for our mission through the receipt and resale of donated home goods. Tasks include organizing retail, cleaning merchandise, lifting/loading, and helping customers.
No experience necessary.
Volunteers can help with green space beautification, home repair, or ReStore operations.
Education Intern - Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra (ends 7/4)
Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra is seeking an intern with a strong interest in arts education and/or arts administration. The intern works closely with the Director of Education to develop and maintain PBO's free ticket program, which provides free concert tickets to underprivileged communities and students. The intern also assists with researching and contacting potential new education partners. Knowledge of early music/historical performance not required, although an interest in this field may enrich the intern's experience. Previous intern is graduating from SFCM and will be happy to show the ropes to new intern.
- Ability to work without supervision and follow-through with projects.
- Interest in serving students and underprivileged communities and connecting them with musical experiences to which they would not otherwise be exposed.
- Flexibility to adapt to the various needs and situations of those we serve.
- Self-motivated to seek out new partners and connect with them.
- Update free ticket request forms.
- Manage free ticket requests in Google Sheets.
- Primary contact person for students and coordinators requesting tickets.
- Reach out to new partners (educational institutions and organizations who serve the underprivileged).
- Work is on an as-needed basis and can mostly be done from the computer.
- Regular meetings with Education Director.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Administration Intern - Piedmont Chamber Music Festival; Piedmont, CA (ends 7/12)
PCMF is a performing arts and education organization based in the Bay Area with three missions: to bring world-class chamber music programming to the East Bay, to support local music education, and to unite the Piedmont and Oakland communities through the arts. Every summer in August, the festival presents three feature concerts, a children's concert, and community concerts at Oakland homeless shelters and retirement homes.
This internship provides a great opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student to gain hands-on experience in the business of arts administration with a dynamic and community-focused organization. During the festival, the intern will have the opportunity to observe rehearsals and concerts and generally will have access to our distinguished festival musicians. Intern will be reimbursed for gas as needed and will have lunch and dinner provided during the festival.
The ideal candidate will:
Have experience in the performing arts, especially classical music/chamber music;
Have an interest and experience in arts administration;
Have experience with marketing & social media.
Must be based or have housing in the Oakland/Piedmont area;
Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently to complete projects;
Must have good time-management skills and habits;
Must have a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
Start date can be as soon as possible. Before the festival, we are seeking help as needed, ideally 1-2 days or 4-5 hours a week. During the festival, the intern will be ideally full-time from July 26-August 6.
- Assist in distribution of press releases and other communications to radio, print, and online media;
- Distribute printed publicity materials to local businesses;
- Build contacts with local arts organizations and send announcements publicizing events.
- As needed, liaise with potential funders, whether commercial, grant-making, or individual.
- Logistics and Operations:
- As needed, assist in operational organization of festival, including scheduling, coordinating homestays and meals, and other artist support tasks.
- Other general duties as assigned.
- Assist with general administrative functions as needed, including effecting scheduling changes, coordinating musicians, and communicating with patrons and venue personnel;
- Help with stage and equipment setup for rehearsal and performances;
- Assist festival documentarian as needed with audio/visual tasks;
- General office duties as assigned.
If interested, please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter, subject line: “PCMF Internship.”