Interim Music Director - Presbyterian Church of the Roses (ends 10/30)
Interim Church Music Director that may lead to a permanent position.
• Degree in Music or Music Education from an accredited college or university. 5 years experience as a choir director.
• Possess a high-level capability in keyboard/organ and piano and demonstrated ability to sight read music and sing.
• Openness to musical diversity and creativity.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Lead the congregation (in close coordination with the Pastor of the Presbyterian Church of the Roses) in bringing glory to God through a high quality and engaging worship music program:
• Serve as the music leader for the 10 am Sunday worship services (and extra services ac-cording to the church calendar during Lent, Easter, and Advent).
• Plan, prepare and practice music for worship.
• Work with staff and the worship committee to develop a worship planning calendar ac-cording to church seasons.
• Play (piano, keyboard, or organ) during worship, occasional funerals, weddings and direct special choral pieces when appropriate.
• Encourage diversity in presentation (e.g., solo performances, small ensembles) and selec-tion of music for worship (e.g., Sacred traditional, Classical, African, Celtic, Modern sacred music, etc.).
• Plan, coordinate, and direct the accompanist in rehearsals and worship
• Lead the Adult Choir and the Bellissimo Bell choir:
o Responsible for the recruitment, care and nurture of choir members.
o Conduct the adult choirs for the 10 am worship service.
o Lead choir rehearsals on Sunday morning at 9:15am and on Thursday evenings be-ginning in September through June.
o Recruit, equip, supervise, and support volunteers who will help lead Adult Choir.
• Support the Worship committee’s work by communicating with the Pastor and commit-tee members as needed. Attend worship co. meetings once a month, oversee the sound system and provide the worship service music for projection during worship using Media Shout software.
• Provide instrumental and/or vocal accompaniment as needed for Sacred Space services occasionally.
Administrative duties related to the Music Program:
• Attend staff meetings and consult with Pastor on weekly bulletin development and at-tend annual planning meeting.
• Contribute articles to monthly issue of the RoseClippings newsletter that highlight the music program for the congregation.
• Maintain the church’s music library and computer archives.
• Track music used for licensing agencies
• Arrange for substitute musicians/instrumentalists in consultation with the pastor.
• Edit Audio of Worship Services for Website and submit to website
• supervisor edited recordings of worship services for CDs of the services.
• Work with Pastor and Office Staff on Sunday bulletins
• Oversee “Roses Signature Concert Series” – presented by the Roses Concert committee
• Oversee maintenance of the church’s musical instruments
• Secure substitutes as needed for himself/herself for vacation or study leave
• Head of Staff Pastor (in consultation with the Personnel committee of the church.)
Hours and Duration
• Interim Director of Music is a professional, part-time position. Expected work hours be-tween 12-13 hours per week. Wednesday staff meeting, Thursday night rehearsals, Sun-day worship and occasional special services.
• Expected term: Three to six months starting November 1st, 2018.
Part-time, Pay scaled according to experience
Send resume to email@example.com
Piano Accompanist - Kairos Music Academy (ends 12/1)
Renown Bay Area youth choir seeks rehearsal (and possible performance) pianist to work with our youngest students.
Ability to prepare and to accompany young singers in a variety of musical styles: classical, folk, world traditions, etc. working with expert choral conductors. Experience with children helpful but not required.Sight-reading ability preferred or willingness to master repertoire a must.
Tuesdays and/or Thursday rehearsals minimally from 5-6 PM.
Possible extended times from 4:30-6:30.
Email resume, cover letter & subject heading "Kairos Pianist Job"